Dempo emerge Pro-League champion
Mapusa: A late goal by Cressant Antao helped Dempo beat Sporting Clube de Goa 1-0 and emerge GFA Professional League champions after a gap of three years, at Duler ground, Mapusa, here today.
Dempo, who needed a win to take an unbeatable lead over their rivals with one round left, now have 29 points while Sporting Goa remained on 25 points.
Sporting Goa, who needed a win to remain in the hunt for the title, dominated the proceedings but failed to break the deadlock until Dempo scored the winning goal in the dying minutes.
Medio Jerry Jersinga gave a pass to Cressant Antao who made no mistake in guiding the ball into the net to see Dempo emerge winner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption