Dempo FC nervous but excited to play against Rangdajied FC
Shillong: Five time national league champions Dempo FC are nervous but excited to play against Meghalaya`s Rangdajied FC, during the third round encounter of the I-League at the J N Stadium here on Friday.
The host suffered two straight losses in two away games and is yet to register a point in the table while the Goan visitors has logged home a single point only in its kitty as it was held to a 1-1 draw by Mumbai FC during their second round encounter.
Aware of the fan following that the host has, Dempo FC`s conditioning coach, Rafaelle Anthony Napoli, said there will be little pressure on the visitors as is the case of any of the teams from NE to play in Goa.
The major worry for the mighty Goans is the doubtful starter of their top rank strikers and midfielders ? Peter, Godwin and Sameer.
Choosing to defend the team`s bad performance at home against Lajong FC, Napoli said it was the beginning of the season and players took some times to get accustomed to playing again after a brief break.
As for Rangdajied FC, their manager Santosh Kashyap expressed his desire to take advantage of the home advantage they have and the backing of the home crowds.
Admitting that a game against Dempo FC will be a great game, Kashyap said playing against top team like Dempo FC is challenging but no one can predict a football match really.
Kashyap is set to put forth a 3-5-2 formation for his team while Napoli predicted a 4-5-1 defensive style of play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Euro 2016, Round of 16: Wales vs Northern Ireland - Preview
- Companies with UK exposure take a big knock as Brexit stumps markets
- Dutch far-right MP Wilders calls for referendum on EU
- Is the office 'cake culture' putting your health in danger?
- Gold price soars over Rs 2,000 per 10 grams as investors seek haven following Brexit