Dempo look to bounce back to winning ways
Mapusa (Goa): After their inconsistent form, Dempo would look to bounce back to winning ways when they lock horns with Pune FC on Wednesday in the Airtel I-League match played at Duler Stadium here.
Dempo looked to collect full points against United Sports Club in their last match after winning against Churchill Brothers, but shoddy defending and?poor finishing let them down as they lost 1-2 to place themselves on seventh position with 10 points from nine matches.
Dempo coach?Arthur Papas was disappointed with his foreigners in the defence as they allowed their opponents to score cheap goals in a span of 10 minutes, which put them under pressure.
They created more scoring chances than their opponents, but once again their forwards were found wanting as they missed close chances to let their team down by 1-2 against United Sports Club.
Now that they play against formidable opponent Pune FC tomorrow, they will have to use all their resources to upset the visitors` applecart and bring the team back to winning ways. "It`s not that we are playing bad to drop points, but rather our boys are not able to utilise the chances that come their way. Tomorrow hope they don`t commit the same mistakes against a side, who will go all out for a win to go at the top?of the ladder," stated Papas.
Pune FC were lucky to hold Salgaocar to a 1-1 draw to keep themselves to second place with 17 points from eight matches, one point and one match less than table topper Salgaocar.
Pune FC coach Mike Snoei was happy the way his team came back in the second half to hold Salgaocar to a draw.
"Tomorrow we are playing against another Goan side and we need to remain more focused and score the chances that come our way if we are to move at the top of the ladder," Snoei said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'