Dempo look to extend lead at top
Margao: Dempo would look to extend the lead at the top in the I-League as they take on Prayag United in the last round of the first leg at Nehru Stadium.
Dempo, who regained the top spot from Churchill Brothers after the latter lost to Pune FC, are one point ahead at 27 points from 12 matches.
A win tomorrow will ensure that they remain at the top at the end of the first leg.
Prayag United, who remained the only unbeaten team till the ninth round, lost their first match against Chirag United Kerala, which saw them collect only one point from the last three matches, putting them in the seventh place with 18 points from 12 matches.
Dempo assistant coach Maurico Afonso said his team will be without defender Sameer Naik, who is out due to double booking, while the rest of the team will be the same.
"The boys are all geared up after their last two wins which have put them on top again and are now confident that they will garner full points to remain on top after the end of the first leg," said Afonso.
"Prayag are a good side and have done well except for the last three matches where they have lost two matches, which has shaken up their confidence ... we have a good chance to collect full points," Afonso said.
Prayag United coach Sanjoy Sen said he has full squad at his disposal and will be looking to put the disappointment of their last three matches behind and win tomorrow against a side which has a good coach and is highly motivated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Attention parents! Childhood head injury may up mental illness, mortality risk
- My mom gets worried about controversies: Sonakshi Sinha
- India will slip in ICC T20 ranking if it loses 0-2 in T20Is against West Indies
- Sensex drops 224 points; Nifty dips below 8,600-mark
- Have every right to intervene if no Syrian Kurd withdrawal: Turkey