Dempo maintain winning run, defeat Pune FC 3-1
Pune: Goan giants Dempo maintained their 100 percent winning record this season as they defeated hosts Pune FC 3-1 to record their sixth consecutive victory in the round six I-League clash at the Shiv Chatrapati stadium at Balewadi on Saturday.
Striker Clifford Miranda helped Dempo`s pursuit of victory in the right way as his header in the 15th minute gave the visitors an early lead.
The hosts struck back ten minutes later with forward Jeje Lalpekhlua restoring parity.
However, midfielder Anthony Pereira and striker Ranti Martins scored in the 40th and 54th minute respectively to help Dempo strengthen their position on top of the points table.
The visitors having won all their six games have 18 points while Pune FC, who lost their third game, have six points from as many games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why