Dempo SC to sign Japanese defender Shinnosuke Honda
Panaji: Japanese defender Shinnosuke Honda will be the fourth foreigner to sign Dempo SC to play for the I-League 2013-14.
Coach Arthur Papas wants Honda, who was on trial for a week with Dempo SC, to shore up the defence which looked unconvincing. His signing for Dempo will depend on the arrival of his visa.
With 30th August being the last date for transfer period of international player, Honda`s fate to join Dempo hangs in balance.
"We are hoping to get his visa by next week, if not then we will play with three foreigners till the next window period opens in January 14," a Dempo official said on Thursday.
Honda has the experience of playing in the J-League with Jubilo Iwata in 2009 besides successful spells at Buriram United and Bangkok Glass in Thailand in the last couple of years.
Brazilian midfield Roberto Silva, Irish striker Billy Mehmet and Australian defender Simon Collosimo are the three foreigners who are playing for Dempo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets