Dempo SC to sign Japanese defender Shinnosuke Honda
Panaji: Japanese defender Shinnosuke Honda will be the fourth foreigner to sign Dempo SC to play for the I-League 2013-14.
Coach Arthur Papas wants Honda, who was on trial for a week with Dempo SC, to shore up the defence which looked unconvincing. His signing for Dempo will depend on the arrival of his visa.
With 30th August being the last date for transfer period of international player, Honda`s fate to join Dempo hangs in balance.
"We are hoping to get his visa by next week, if not then we will play with three foreigners till the next window period opens in January 14," a Dempo official said on Thursday.
Honda has the experience of playing in the J-League with Jubilo Iwata in 2009 besides successful spells at Buriram United and Bangkok Glass in Thailand in the last couple of years.
Brazilian midfield Roberto Silva, Irish striker Billy Mehmet and Australian defender Simon Collosimo are the three foreigners who are playing for Dempo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism
- Pakistani beauty Saba Qamar to star opposite Irrfan Khan in 'Hindi Medium': First look OUT!
- PMO counters criticism on 'rehashed' schemes under Narendra Modi government
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!