Denmark draws 2-2 with Italy in World Cup qualifier
Copenhagen: The Danish national team drew 2- 2 with Italy in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier at Parken stadium here Friday night.
The Italian striker Pablo Osvaldo put Italy ahead 1-0 on the 28th minute but the Danish star striker Nicklas equalised on the stroke of half-time.
The host Denmark was very close to the victory when Bendtner headed a second score just 11 minutes from the end.
But the Danish hearts were broken in stoppage time as the Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani scored one valuable point for Italy.
Bendtner is back in the Danish squad for the first time in six months, following a ban imposed by the Danish Football Association for a drink-driving incident earlier in the year.
Denmark will meet Malta next Tuesday in the Brazil World Cup qualifying round in Parken in Copenhagen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch