Denmark draws 2-2 with Italy in World Cup qualifier
Copenhagen: The Danish national team drew 2- 2 with Italy in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier at Parken stadium here Friday night.
The Italian striker Pablo Osvaldo put Italy ahead 1-0 on the 28th minute but the Danish star striker Nicklas equalised on the stroke of half-time.
The host Denmark was very close to the victory when Bendtner headed a second score just 11 minutes from the end.
But the Danish hearts were broken in stoppage time as the Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani scored one valuable point for Italy.
Bendtner is back in the Danish squad for the first time in six months, following a ban imposed by the Danish Football Association for a drink-driving incident earlier in the year.
Denmark will meet Malta next Tuesday in the Brazil World Cup qualifying round in Parken in Copenhagen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj