Denmark held to a goalless draw by Czechs
Copenhagen: The Danish national football team drew 0-0 with the Czech Republic in the first round of the qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014, at Parken stadium here on Saturday.
The first half ended 0-0 inspite of constant Danish pressure on the goalkeeper Petr Cech.
The Czech team seemed to find energy and came out after the break taking the initiative. They created a few good chances, before Denmark again dominated play.
But in spite of the numerous chances the Danes had in the second half, especially from midfielder Lean Andreasen, the match ended in a draw 0-0.
Italy and Bulgaria drew 2-2 Friday while Armenia beat Malta 1-0, which means Armenia currently top pool B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'