Denmark held to a goalless draw by Czechs
Copenhagen: The Danish national football team drew 0-0 with the Czech Republic in the first round of the qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014, at Parken stadium here on Saturday.
The first half ended 0-0 inspite of constant Danish pressure on the goalkeeper Petr Cech.
The Czech team seemed to find energy and came out after the break taking the initiative. They created a few good chances, before Denmark again dominated play.
But in spite of the numerous chances the Danes had in the second half, especially from midfielder Lean Andreasen, the match ended in a draw 0-0.
Italy and Bulgaria drew 2-2 Friday while Armenia beat Malta 1-0, which means Armenia currently top pool B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India