Denmark held to a goalless draw by Czechs
Copenhagen: The Danish national football team drew 0-0 with the Czech Republic in the first round of the qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014, at Parken stadium here on Saturday.
The first half ended 0-0 inspite of constant Danish pressure on the goalkeeper Petr Cech.
The Czech team seemed to find energy and came out after the break taking the initiative. They created a few good chances, before Denmark again dominated play.
But in spite of the numerous chances the Danes had in the second half, especially from midfielder Lean Andreasen, the match ended in a draw 0-0.
Italy and Bulgaria drew 2-2 Friday while Armenia beat Malta 1-0, which means Armenia currently top pool B.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England