Denmark held to a goalless draw by Czechs
Copenhagen: The Danish national football team drew 0-0 with the Czech Republic in the first round of the qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014, at Parken stadium here on Saturday.
The first half ended 0-0 inspite of constant Danish pressure on the goalkeeper Petr Cech.
The Czech team seemed to find energy and came out after the break taking the initiative. They created a few good chances, before Denmark again dominated play.
But in spite of the numerous chances the Danes had in the second half, especially from midfielder Lean Andreasen, the match ended in a draw 0-0.
Italy and Bulgaria drew 2-2 Friday while Armenia beat Malta 1-0, which means Armenia currently top pool B.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India