Deportivo la Coruna sack coach Oltra
Madrid: Spanish Primera Liga football club, Deportivo la Coruna has announced the sacking of coach Jose Luis Oltra.
Oltra, who last season oversaw Deportivo`s return to the Spanish top flight, has paid the price for a poor start to the season which leaves the club bottom of the table with just 12 points from 17 matches.
Deportivo began the season brightly but that early season form has slipped away and the side from the north-west of Spain have taken just three points from their last eight matches.
"It is a decision that had been taken Dec 21," announced club president Cesar Lendoiro in a press conference Sunday.
Lendoiro confirmed Deportivo`s defeat to fellow strugglers, Espanyol in the last game of 2012 had been the final straw.
"We don`t like changing coach, but we need to kick-start the season and the change of mentality that comes with a new coach," added the club president.
Oltra is the third coach in the Primera Liga to be sacked this season, following Mauricio Pellegrino (Valencia) and Mauricio Pochettino (Espanyol), who lost their jobs earlier in the season as a result of their sides` respective poor performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets