Derbyshire joins Birmingham on loan
Birmingham: Former Blackburn Rovers striker Matt Derbyshire has joined Birmingham City on loan from Olympiakos Pireaus, the Greek club said.
The 24-year-old made just 19 appearances for Olympiakos last season, scoring six goals in a spell that was hindered by injury and loss of form.
"Olympiakos announces that an agreement has been reached with Birmingham for the loan of Matt Derbyshire for one year," a brief statement posted on the Olympiakos website said.
Derbyshire was left out of the Olympiakos squad by coach Ernesto Valverde for the 5-1 friendly against Roma on Aug 13.
Valverde, who recently returned to the club after a one-year absence, signed Derbyshire on loan initially in 2009.
The former England under-21 international`s highlight during his time in Greece was helping his club do the double by scoring twice in the Greek Cup final win over AEK Athens.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split