Di Maria to miss World Cup qualifiers due to injury
Madrid: Real Madrid midfielder Angel di Maria will miss Argentina`s upcoming World Cup qualifiers after tearing a thigh muscle in his side`s 7-1 win against Osasuna in a Spanish La Liga match, the club confirmed on Monday.
Real have not said for how long the Argentine will be absent but he is expected to be out for at least a month, a news agency reports.
Di Maria, who had set up Real Madrid`s first three goals of the game with passes for Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe and a pass for Gonzalo Higuain, suffered the injury as he sprinted and stretched to keep the ball in play three minutes into the second half.
He immediately went down on the pitch and had to be carried out of the ground on a stretcher. A torn muscle could sideline him for between 4-6 weeks, it is feared.
Argentina`s two World Cup qualifiers are against Bolivia Friday and Colombia Nov 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city