Di Matteo back at Chelsea as first team coach
London: Former Chelsea midfielder Roberto Di Matteo has returned to Stamford Bridge as assistant to new coach Andre Villas-Boas, the club said on Wednesday.
Italian Di Matteo was a player with the London club between 1996 and 2002 when injury forced his retirement at the age of 31.
He scored FA Cup final goals in 1997 and 2000, the first of which set a Wembley record for the earliest in a final after just 43 seconds.
Di Matteo was previously manager of Milton Keynes Dons and West Bromwich Albion, the club he left in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan