Di Matteo back at Chelsea as first team coach
London: Former Chelsea midfielder Roberto Di Matteo has returned to Stamford Bridge as assistant to new coach Andre Villas-Boas, the club said on Wednesday.
Italian Di Matteo was a player with the London club between 1996 and 2002 when injury forced his retirement at the age of 31.
He scored FA Cup final goals in 1997 and 2000, the first of which set a Wembley record for the earliest in a final after just 43 seconds.
Di Matteo was previously manager of Milton Keynes Dons and West Bromwich Albion, the club he left in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!