Di Natale deserves Italy recall, says Prandelli
Rome: Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale will be recalled to the Italy squad to face the United States in a friendly in February, coach Cesare Prandelli said on Tuesday as he plans for Euro 2012.
The 34-year-old, Serie A top scorer last term and in form again this season, thought his Italy career was over after not featuring since a poor 2010 World Cup but long-term injuries to Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano have opened the door.
"I will call up Toto (Di Natale) against the USA," Prandelli told Tuesday`s Gazzetta dello Sport, adding that Napoli goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis was also fresh in his thoughts.
Di Natale has scored 10 goals in 36 appearances for Italy, who are in Euro 2012 Group C with Spain, Ireland and Croatia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city