Di Natale deserves Italy recall, says Prandelli
Rome: Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale will be recalled to the Italy squad to face the United States in a friendly in February, coach Cesare Prandelli said on Tuesday as he plans for Euro 2012.
The 34-year-old, Serie A top scorer last term and in form again this season, thought his Italy career was over after not featuring since a poor 2010 World Cup but long-term injuries to Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano have opened the door.
"I will call up Toto (Di Natale) against the USA," Prandelli told Tuesday`s Gazzetta dello Sport, adding that Napoli goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis was also fresh in his thoughts.
Di Natale has scored 10 goals in 36 appearances for Italy, who are in Euro 2012 Group C with Spain, Ireland and Croatia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!