Di Natale deserves Italy recall, says Prandelli
Rome: Udinese striker Antonio Di Natale will be recalled to the Italy squad to face the United States in a friendly in February, coach Cesare Prandelli said on Tuesday as he plans for Euro 2012.
The 34-year-old, Serie A top scorer last term and in form again this season, thought his Italy career was over after not featuring since a poor 2010 World Cup but long-term injuries to Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano have opened the door.
"I will call up Toto (Di Natale) against the USA," Prandelli told Tuesday`s Gazzetta dello Sport, adding that Napoli goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis was also fresh in his thoughts.
Di Natale has scored 10 goals in 36 appearances for Italy, who are in Euro 2012 Group C with Spain, Ireland and Croatia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray