Diarra, Sissoko called up to join French squad
Paris: After a gap of two years, Russia-based midfielder Lassana Diarra and Toulouse`s Moussa Sissoko were called to join 23-man French football squad in preparation of Euro qualifiers, coach Didier Deschamp said.
Unveiling the name list Thursday, Deschamps justified his "logical" choice to name Diarra thanks to his skills and experience after performing in main important foreign clubs, reports Xinhua.
As for the 23-year-old Toulouse midfielder, "he has always been part of a pre-expanded list. He is a player with good athletic power and also made a good start of the season," noted Deschamps.
Prevented from joining les Bleus for three games after his offensive remarks during last World Cup tournament, Britain-based player Samir Nasri was the main absent in the squad.
"I think it`s not time for him to join the group. I do not think this is the right time," former France`s captain said adding that Nasri remains among the "selectable players."
Les Blues will meet Japan at home in a friendly game Oct 12 before playing against Spain, Euro title holder, in Madrid four days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership