Diarra, Sissoko called up to join French squad
Paris: After a gap of two years, Russia-based midfielder Lassana Diarra and Toulouse`s Moussa Sissoko were called to join 23-man French football squad in preparation of Euro qualifiers, coach Didier Deschamp said.
Unveiling the name list Thursday, Deschamps justified his "logical" choice to name Diarra thanks to his skills and experience after performing in main important foreign clubs, reports Xinhua.
As for the 23-year-old Toulouse midfielder, "he has always been part of a pre-expanded list. He is a player with good athletic power and also made a good start of the season," noted Deschamps.
Prevented from joining les Bleus for three games after his offensive remarks during last World Cup tournament, Britain-based player Samir Nasri was the main absent in the squad.
"I think it`s not time for him to join the group. I do not think this is the right time," former France`s captain said adding that Nasri remains among the "selectable players."
Les Blues will meet Japan at home in a friendly game Oct 12 before playing against Spain, Euro title holder, in Madrid four days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt