Dida best Brazilian goalkeeper of 21st century
Sao Paulo: Former AC Milan and Brazil goalkeeper Dida has been ranked the best Brazilian goalkeeper of the 21st century by the International Football Federation of History and Statistics (IFFHS).
Dida is in seventh position in the list, ahead of compatriots Julio Cesar and Rogerio Ceni. Italian Gianluigi Buffon heads the ranking, reports Xinhua.
QPR`s Julio Cesar is in eighth place and is the only other Brazilian in the top 10. Sao Paulo`s Rogerio Ceni is in 13th.
Goalkeeper Marcos, who was first choice for the Selecao in 2002 when they won their fifth World Cup, lies in 34th. He hung up his gloves this year after representing Paulista club Palmeiras for the entirety of his career.
Three more Brazilians made this century`s top 50; Tottenham`s Gomes, Corinthians` Cassio - who made four outstanding saves as his club won the Club World Cup at the expense of Chelsea - and Liverpool`s Doni.
Dida spent a decade with Milan, winning one Italian league title and two Champions League crowns. He recently signed for Brazilian club Gremio, who will compete in this year`s Copa Libertadores.
Dida made 91 appearances for the Brazilian national side before retiring in 2006, following Brazil`s elimination against France in the World Cup quarterfinal.
The top 10 are as follows: 1. Gianluigi Buffon, 2. Iker Casillas, 3. Petr Cech, 4. Edwin Van der Sar, 5. Oliver Kahn, 6. Victor Valdes, 7. Dida, 8. Julio Cesar, 9. Jens Lehmann, 10. Roberto Abbondanzieri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday