Didier Drogba robbed in Cote d’Ivoire
London: Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba was robbed in his hotel while on holiday in Abidjan, Cote d`Ivoire last week.
The 35-year-old striker, who was back in his homeland for a brief visit, returned to his room on June 12 to find his luggage unpacked and some €7,500 missing.
The Chelsea legend immediately reported the incident to the management of Hotel Ivoire, a five-star establishment and the country’s biggest hotel, where several players from the national team spend their holidays.
Nobody has been arrested for burglary and the funds have not been recovered, according to the police, despite an investigation being opened.
Cote d`Ivoire booked their place to the third and final round of the 2014 World Cup qualifiers last weekend without Didier Drogba.
However, coach Sabri Lamouchi said this week that the Elephants’ all-time top scorer could return to the international fold for the next round of friendlies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?