Didier Drogba robbed in Cote d’Ivoire
London: Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba was robbed in his hotel while on holiday in Abidjan, Cote d`Ivoire last week.
The 35-year-old striker, who was back in his homeland for a brief visit, returned to his room on June 12 to find his luggage unpacked and some €7,500 missing.
The Chelsea legend immediately reported the incident to the management of Hotel Ivoire, a five-star establishment and the country’s biggest hotel, where several players from the national team spend their holidays.
Nobody has been arrested for burglary and the funds have not been recovered, according to the police, despite an investigation being opened.
Cote d`Ivoire booked their place to the third and final round of the 2014 World Cup qualifiers last weekend without Didier Drogba.
However, coach Sabri Lamouchi said this week that the Elephants’ all-time top scorer could return to the international fold for the next round of friendlies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city