Didier Drogba robbed in Cote d’Ivoire
London: Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba was robbed in his hotel while on holiday in Abidjan, Cote d`Ivoire last week.
The 35-year-old striker, who was back in his homeland for a brief visit, returned to his room on June 12 to find his luggage unpacked and some €7,500 missing.
The Chelsea legend immediately reported the incident to the management of Hotel Ivoire, a five-star establishment and the country’s biggest hotel, where several players from the national team spend their holidays.
Nobody has been arrested for burglary and the funds have not been recovered, according to the police, despite an investigation being opened.
Cote d`Ivoire booked their place to the third and final round of the 2014 World Cup qualifiers last weekend without Didier Drogba.
However, coach Sabri Lamouchi said this week that the Elephants’ all-time top scorer could return to the international fold for the next round of friendlies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar