Didier Drogba robbed in Cote d’Ivoire
London: Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba was robbed in his hotel while on holiday in Abidjan, Cote d`Ivoire last week.
The 35-year-old striker, who was back in his homeland for a brief visit, returned to his room on June 12 to find his luggage unpacked and some €7,500 missing.
The Chelsea legend immediately reported the incident to the management of Hotel Ivoire, a five-star establishment and the country’s biggest hotel, where several players from the national team spend their holidays.
Nobody has been arrested for burglary and the funds have not been recovered, according to the police, despite an investigation being opened.
Cote d`Ivoire booked their place to the third and final round of the 2014 World Cup qualifiers last weekend without Didier Drogba.
However, coach Sabri Lamouchi said this week that the Elephants’ all-time top scorer could return to the international fold for the next round of friendlies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter