Didier Drogba robbed in Cote d’Ivoire
London: Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba was robbed in his hotel while on holiday in Abidjan, Cote d`Ivoire last week.
The 35-year-old striker, who was back in his homeland for a brief visit, returned to his room on June 12 to find his luggage unpacked and some €7,500 missing.
The Chelsea legend immediately reported the incident to the management of Hotel Ivoire, a five-star establishment and the country’s biggest hotel, where several players from the national team spend their holidays.
Nobody has been arrested for burglary and the funds have not been recovered, according to the police, despite an investigation being opened.
Cote d`Ivoire booked their place to the third and final round of the 2014 World Cup qualifiers last weekend without Didier Drogba.
However, coach Sabri Lamouchi said this week that the Elephants’ all-time top scorer could return to the international fold for the next round of friendlies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you