Didier Drogba says he deserves second chance
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has said everyone deserves a second chance in life and he is no exception to it, as he is all set to play his second Champions League final after being sent off in his first one.
Drogba was sent off in the 2008 Champions League final for slapping Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic.
And for the Ivorian striker, the May 19 final in Munich’s Allianz Arena will be his last Chelsea game before his contract ends, unless the Blues meet his demands for a new two-year deal.
“I think everyone in life deserves a second chance and I hope that this will be mine. I faced a lot of criticism after I was sent off in Moscow but it helped me to grow up a little bit,” The Sun quoted Drogba as saying.
“I had even more criticism after we beat Barcelona in the first leg. But this is not about revenge. This is our chance and it’s up to us to take it and bring the cup back to Stamford Bridge,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured