Didier Drogba says he deserves second chance
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has said everyone deserves a second chance in life and he is no exception to it, as he is all set to play his second Champions League final after being sent off in his first one.
Drogba was sent off in the 2008 Champions League final for slapping Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic.
And for the Ivorian striker, the May 19 final in Munich’s Allianz Arena will be his last Chelsea game before his contract ends, unless the Blues meet his demands for a new two-year deal.
“I think everyone in life deserves a second chance and I hope that this will be mine. I faced a lot of criticism after I was sent off in Moscow but it helped me to grow up a little bit,” The Sun quoted Drogba as saying.
“I had even more criticism after we beat Barcelona in the first leg. But this is not about revenge. This is our chance and it’s up to us to take it and bring the cup back to Stamford Bridge,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16