Didier Drogba says he deserves second chance
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has said everyone deserves a second chance in life and he is no exception to it, as he is all set to play his second Champions League final after being sent off in his first one.
Drogba was sent off in the 2008 Champions League final for slapping Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic.
And for the Ivorian striker, the May 19 final in Munich’s Allianz Arena will be his last Chelsea game before his contract ends, unless the Blues meet his demands for a new two-year deal.
“I think everyone in life deserves a second chance and I hope that this will be mine. I faced a lot of criticism after I was sent off in Moscow but it helped me to grow up a little bit,” The Sun quoted Drogba as saying.
“I had even more criticism after we beat Barcelona in the first leg. But this is not about revenge. This is our chance and it’s up to us to take it and bring the cup back to Stamford Bridge,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan