Diego Forlan set for Internacional debut
Rio De Janeiro: Uruguay international striker Diego Forlan is set to make his debut for Brazilian club Internacional against Vasco da Gama next Saturday.
Forlan, who signed a three-year contract with the Porto Alegre outfit earlier this month, was officially registered by Brazil`s football confederation (CBF) here Monday.
The 33-year-old began training with his new teammates Monday. Despite limited preparation, he is eager to play at home against Vasco at the Beira-Rio stadium.
His debut will come six days after former Dutch international Clarence Seedorf played his first game for Rio side Botafogo in its 1-0 loss to Gremio Sunday.
Forlan, the winner of the Golden Ball award at the 2010 World Cup, scored only two goals in 20 matches across all competitions with Inter Milan last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar