Diego Forlan set for Internacional debut
Rio De Janeiro: Uruguay international striker Diego Forlan is set to make his debut for Brazilian club Internacional against Vasco da Gama next Saturday.
Forlan, who signed a three-year contract with the Porto Alegre outfit earlier this month, was officially registered by Brazil`s football confederation (CBF) here Monday.
The 33-year-old began training with his new teammates Monday. Despite limited preparation, he is eager to play at home against Vasco at the Beira-Rio stadium.
His debut will come six days after former Dutch international Clarence Seedorf played his first game for Rio side Botafogo in its 1-0 loss to Gremio Sunday.
Forlan, the winner of the Golden Ball award at the 2010 World Cup, scored only two goals in 20 matches across all competitions with Inter Milan last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on