Dortmund to use buy option for midfielder Sahin
Berlin: Borussia Dortmund will make use of an option to buy on-loan midfielder Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid, making his return to last season`s Champions League runners-up permanent, the German club said on Friday.
Turkey international Sahin, a product of Dortmund`s youth system, joined Real in 2011 but after failing to hold down a starting spot was loaned out to Liverpool.
He returned, again on loan, to Dortmund in January 2013 for an 18-month spell with an option for the German club to buy him.
"We informed Real officials on the sidelines of our Champions League game (on Tuesday) that we will make use of this option," club CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke told reporters.
Sahin`s loan period officially ends on June 30.
The German club announced during the week the signing of Hertha Berlin forward Adrian Ramos to replace top striker Robert Lewandowski, who will join champions Bayern Munich.
Dortmund lost 3-2 on aggregate against Real Madrid in the competition`s quarter-finals on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon