Downing leaves Liverpool for West Ham
London: West Ham United on Tuesday announced the signing of England international winger Stewart Downing from Premier League rivals Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.
Downing, 29, has signed a four-year contract with the east London club and follows striker Andy Carroll in moving from Liverpool to Upton Park.
"I`m very excited. It`s a great opportunity for me being here, it`s a great club and I`m really excited to get going," Downing told the club`s official website.
"I`m ready and I`m fit for the first game against Cardiff City (on Saturday). I`ve played a decent few games for Liverpool in pre-season, so there will be no problems on that front."
The left-footed wide player becomes West Ham manager Sam Allardyce`s fifth new signing of the close season, after Carroll, Romania captain Razvan Rat, Spanish goalkeeper Adrian and midfielder Danny Whitehead.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement