Drogba axed from FIFA World Cup Qualifier squad
Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba has been left out of Cote d`Ivoire’s World Cup qualifier against Gambia scheduled to be played on Saturday in the nation’s capital Abidjan.
The captain of the Elephants could not make it to the list of 28 players called-up for the qualifying game against Gambia on Saturday
Drogba was part of the Galatasaray team that made it to the last eight of the Champions League after eliminating Schalke 4-3 on aggregate.
A list of 28 players comprising four goalkeepers, seven defenders, nine midfielders and eight strikers released by coach Sabri Lamouchi did not bear the name of Drogba.
Cote d`Ivoire currently lead Group C with four points from two games.
The full squad:
Goalkeepers: Barry Boubacar, Gbohouo Sylvain, Sangare Badra, Cisse Abdoul Karim
Defenders: Bamba Souleiman, Boka Arthur, Brou Benjamin, Akpa Akpro, Zokora Didier, Toure Kolo, Ismael Traore
Midfielders: Abdul Razack, Karaboue Losseni, Gradel Max, Tiote Cheick, Toure Yaya, Sio Giovanni, Kone Kouamatien, Konan Didier, Serey Geoffroy
Strikers: Doumbia Seydou, Zougoula Koelly, Salomon Kalou, Kone Arouna, Traore Lacina, Gohou Gerard, Bony Wilfried, Kouassi Gervais
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO