Drogba axed from FIFA World Cup Qualifier squad
Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba has been left out of Cote d`Ivoire’s World Cup qualifier against Gambia scheduled to be played on Saturday in the nation’s capital Abidjan.
The captain of the Elephants could not make it to the list of 28 players called-up for the qualifying game against Gambia on Saturday
Drogba was part of the Galatasaray team that made it to the last eight of the Champions League after eliminating Schalke 4-3 on aggregate.
A list of 28 players comprising four goalkeepers, seven defenders, nine midfielders and eight strikers released by coach Sabri Lamouchi did not bear the name of Drogba.
Cote d`Ivoire currently lead Group C with four points from two games.
The full squad:
Goalkeepers: Barry Boubacar, Gbohouo Sylvain, Sangare Badra, Cisse Abdoul Karim
Defenders: Bamba Souleiman, Boka Arthur, Brou Benjamin, Akpa Akpro, Zokora Didier, Toure Kolo, Ismael Traore
Midfielders: Abdul Razack, Karaboue Losseni, Gradel Max, Tiote Cheick, Toure Yaya, Sio Giovanni, Kone Kouamatien, Konan Didier, Serey Geoffroy
Strikers: Doumbia Seydou, Zougoula Koelly, Salomon Kalou, Kone Arouna, Traore Lacina, Gohou Gerard, Bony Wilfried, Kouassi Gervais
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar