Drogba axed from FIFA World Cup Qualifier squad
Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba has been left out of Cote d`Ivoire’s World Cup qualifier against Gambia scheduled to be played on Saturday in the nation’s capital Abidjan.
The captain of the Elephants could not make it to the list of 28 players called-up for the qualifying game against Gambia on Saturday
Drogba was part of the Galatasaray team that made it to the last eight of the Champions League after eliminating Schalke 4-3 on aggregate.
A list of 28 players comprising four goalkeepers, seven defenders, nine midfielders and eight strikers released by coach Sabri Lamouchi did not bear the name of Drogba.
Cote d`Ivoire currently lead Group C with four points from two games.
The full squad:
Goalkeepers: Barry Boubacar, Gbohouo Sylvain, Sangare Badra, Cisse Abdoul Karim
Defenders: Bamba Souleiman, Boka Arthur, Brou Benjamin, Akpa Akpro, Zokora Didier, Toure Kolo, Ismael Traore
Midfielders: Abdul Razack, Karaboue Losseni, Gradel Max, Tiote Cheick, Toure Yaya, Sio Giovanni, Kone Kouamatien, Konan Didier, Serey Geoffroy
Strikers: Doumbia Seydou, Zougoula Koelly, Salomon Kalou, Kone Arouna, Traore Lacina, Gohou Gerard, Bony Wilfried, Kouassi Gervais
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read