Drogba axed from FIFA World Cup Qualifier squad
Galatasaray striker Didier Drogba has been left out of Cote d`Ivoire’s World Cup qualifier against Gambia scheduled to be played on Saturday in the nation’s capital Abidjan.
The captain of the Elephants could not make it to the list of 28 players called-up for the qualifying game against Gambia on Saturday
Drogba was part of the Galatasaray team that made it to the last eight of the Champions League after eliminating Schalke 4-3 on aggregate.
A list of 28 players comprising four goalkeepers, seven defenders, nine midfielders and eight strikers released by coach Sabri Lamouchi did not bear the name of Drogba.
Cote d`Ivoire currently lead Group C with four points from two games.
The full squad:
Goalkeepers: Barry Boubacar, Gbohouo Sylvain, Sangare Badra, Cisse Abdoul Karim
Defenders: Bamba Souleiman, Boka Arthur, Brou Benjamin, Akpa Akpro, Zokora Didier, Toure Kolo, Ismael Traore
Midfielders: Abdul Razack, Karaboue Losseni, Gradel Max, Tiote Cheick, Toure Yaya, Sio Giovanni, Kone Kouamatien, Konan Didier, Serey Geoffroy
Strikers: Doumbia Seydou, Zougoula Koelly, Salomon Kalou, Kone Arouna, Traore Lacina, Gohou Gerard, Bony Wilfried, Kouassi Gervais
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India