Drogba fully committed to Shanghai Shenhua
Shanghai: Didier Drogba insists he is fully committed to Shanghai Shenhua, dismissing a flurry of rumours speculating on the striker’s future.
Recent rumours have claimed the 34-year-old and former Chelsea team-mate Nicolas Anelka have been caught up in a boardroom dispute over wages at the Chinese Super League outfit in the past few weeks, ultimately sparking speculation over the duo’s future.
The Cote d`Ivoire international was linked with a shock move to Liverpool as well as Spanish giants Real Madrid during the transfer window, but remains with Shenhua.
Drogba has claimed that he will remain in China, in order to maintain his fitness ahead of his country`s Africa Cup of Nations campaign.
When asked to discuss his first few games with Shanghai Shenhua, Drogba told L`Equipe: "My start has generated good and bad reviews but I`ve always taken on my choices.
"For the 2013 African Cup of Nations, I will do everything to remain competitive by being in China. Do not worry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!