Drogba may stay at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea plans contract talks after CL final
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba can still end his career at Stamford Bridge as club chief executive Ron Gourlay reveals they would hold contract talks with the Ivorian after the Champions League final.
“We have been discussing things with Didier. Everyone knows he is in the last year of his contract,” The Daily Mail quoted Gourlay, as saying.
“Ongoing conversations have been held with Didier since January. Didier loves Chelsea and we all love him and we will continue to be in dialogue. We will discuss things after the Champions League final next week,” he added.
The same timeframe applies to whether Roberto Di Matteo will be handed the Chelsea job on a permanent basis.
Gourlay said: “My position and the board`s position on Robbie haven`t changed. We said we would wait until the end of the season and we would sit down and review the situation.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi