Drogba may stay at Stamford Bridge as Chelsea plans contract talks after CL final
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba can still end his career at Stamford Bridge as club chief executive Ron Gourlay reveals they would hold contract talks with the Ivorian after the Champions League final.
“We have been discussing things with Didier. Everyone knows he is in the last year of his contract,” The Daily Mail quoted Gourlay, as saying.
“Ongoing conversations have been held with Didier since January. Didier loves Chelsea and we all love him and we will continue to be in dialogue. We will discuss things after the Champions League final next week,” he added.
The same timeframe applies to whether Roberto Di Matteo will be handed the Chelsea job on a permanent basis.
Gourlay said: “My position and the board`s position on Robbie haven`t changed. We said we would wait until the end of the season and we would sit down and review the situation.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi