Drogba signs with Shanghai Shenhua
Shanghai: Cote d`Ivoire`s striker Didier Drogba Wednesday confirmed that he has joined Chinese football club Shanghai Shenhua on a two-year contract.
"I studied all the offers I have received in recent weeks and I feel that going to Shanghai Shenhua is the right direction for me now. I am looking forward to this new challenge, to discover a new culture and I am very enthusiastic about the development of the Chinese football league," the former Chelsea striker said.
He added that he will join the team in China`s financial hub next month, reported sources.
Drogba, 34, will pair up with his former Chelsea teammate Nicolas Anelka in the attacking line for Shanghai Shenhua.
No details were given on Shanghai`s offer, but it is rumoured that the club will pay as much as USD15 million per year.
Drogba capped his Chelsea career by scoring the equaliser and then the penalty shootout winner in the English club`s win over Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!