Drogba to quit Chelsea, signs deal to play for Shanghai Shenhua
London: Ace striker Didier Drogba is all set to quit Chelsea at the end of the season even if he helps his club win the Champions League title.
Drogba has already signed a two- year deal to play for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. The deal will earn the striker 130,000 pounds a week after tax.
Drogba will reunite with his former Blues strike partner Nicolas Anelka this summer, with the Frenchman having been appointed a player-coach of the Chinese team.
Shanghai have reserved Drogba’s favoured No.11 shirt for him, The Sun reports.
They are also promoting their home game against Dalian Aerbin on June 24 as ‘Drogba’s Chinese Super League debut’.
Drogba decided to quit Chelsea after the club refused to offer him more than a year contract extension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof