Drogba to quit Chelsea, signs deal to play for Shanghai Shenhua
London: Ace striker Didier Drogba is all set to quit Chelsea at the end of the season even if he helps his club win the Champions League title.
Drogba has already signed a two- year deal to play for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. The deal will earn the striker 130,000 pounds a week after tax.
Drogba will reunite with his former Blues strike partner Nicolas Anelka this summer, with the Frenchman having been appointed a player-coach of the Chinese team.
Shanghai have reserved Drogba’s favoured No.11 shirt for him, The Sun reports.
They are also promoting their home game against Dalian Aerbin on June 24 as ‘Drogba’s Chinese Super League debut’.
Drogba decided to quit Chelsea after the club refused to offer him more than a year contract extension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP