Drogba to quit Chelsea, signs deal to play for Shanghai Shenhua
London: Ace striker Didier Drogba is all set to quit Chelsea at the end of the season even if he helps his club win the Champions League title.
Drogba has already signed a two- year deal to play for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. The deal will earn the striker 130,000 pounds a week after tax.
Drogba will reunite with his former Blues strike partner Nicolas Anelka this summer, with the Frenchman having been appointed a player-coach of the Chinese team.
Shanghai have reserved Drogba’s favoured No.11 shirt for him, The Sun reports.
They are also promoting their home game against Dalian Aerbin on June 24 as ‘Drogba’s Chinese Super League debut’.
Drogba decided to quit Chelsea after the club refused to offer him more than a year contract extension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists