Duler to host first I-League match on Dec 30
Panaji: The Duler Stadium, which was supposed to host its first I-league match on December 22, is now ready and will host its first match on December 30 when Salgaocar FC take on Air India.
Goa Football Association (GFA) vice-president (North) Lavinio Rebello gave this information to reporters here today.
The stadium at Mapusa was cleared by an inspection committee last week to host the I-League matches as the Fatorda stadium undergoes renovation for the Lusofonia Games.
Fatroda stadium officials want to host their first match between Churchill Brothers and Mohun Bagan.
But it will decided this week only as they were accused of violating rules in the I-League charter during the Kolkata Derby earlier this month.
Rebello said that all fixtures involving Mohun Bagan against Goan clubs would be indefinitely deferred till a final decision is made by the All India Football Association (AIFF) Disciplinary Committee.
The Duler stadium was chosen as the alternate venue to host the home games of the Goan clubs participating in the I-League namely - Dempo SC, Sporting Clube de Goa, Salgaocar FC and Churchill Brothers, after the Tilak Stadium failed to get the nod from the AIFF to host the I-League matches as an alternate venue after Fatorda Stadium went for renovation.
All matches at the Duler will be held during the afternoon owing to the absence of floodlights.
"Except for the medical room, all other necessary things are in place, including separate arrangements for the press," said Lavinio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez