Duler to host first I-League match on Dec 30
Panaji: The Duler Stadium, which was supposed to host its first I-league match on December 22, is now ready and will host its first match on December 30 when Salgaocar FC take on Air India.
Goa Football Association (GFA) vice-president (North) Lavinio Rebello gave this information to reporters here today.
The stadium at Mapusa was cleared by an inspection committee last week to host the I-League matches as the Fatorda stadium undergoes renovation for the Lusofonia Games.
Fatroda stadium officials want to host their first match between Churchill Brothers and Mohun Bagan.
But it will decided this week only as they were accused of violating rules in the I-League charter during the Kolkata Derby earlier this month.
Rebello said that all fixtures involving Mohun Bagan against Goan clubs would be indefinitely deferred till a final decision is made by the All India Football Association (AIFF) Disciplinary Committee.
The Duler stadium was chosen as the alternate venue to host the home games of the Goan clubs participating in the I-League namely - Dempo SC, Sporting Clube de Goa, Salgaocar FC and Churchill Brothers, after the Tilak Stadium failed to get the nod from the AIFF to host the I-League matches as an alternate venue after Fatorda Stadium went for renovation.
All matches at the Duler will be held during the afternoon owing to the absence of floodlights.
"Except for the medical room, all other necessary things are in place, including separate arrangements for the press," said Lavinio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day