Duler to host first I-League match on Dec 30
Panaji: The Duler Stadium, which was supposed to host its first I-league match on December 22, is now ready and will host its first match on December 30 when Salgaocar FC take on Air India.
Goa Football Association (GFA) vice-president (North) Lavinio Rebello gave this information to reporters here today.
The stadium at Mapusa was cleared by an inspection committee last week to host the I-League matches as the Fatorda stadium undergoes renovation for the Lusofonia Games.
Fatroda stadium officials want to host their first match between Churchill Brothers and Mohun Bagan.
But it will decided this week only as they were accused of violating rules in the I-League charter during the Kolkata Derby earlier this month.
Rebello said that all fixtures involving Mohun Bagan against Goan clubs would be indefinitely deferred till a final decision is made by the All India Football Association (AIFF) Disciplinary Committee.
The Duler stadium was chosen as the alternate venue to host the home games of the Goan clubs participating in the I-League namely - Dempo SC, Sporting Clube de Goa, Salgaocar FC and Churchill Brothers, after the Tilak Stadium failed to get the nod from the AIFF to host the I-League matches as an alternate venue after Fatorda Stadium went for renovation.
All matches at the Duler will be held during the afternoon owing to the absence of floodlights.
"Except for the medical room, all other necessary things are in place, including separate arrangements for the press," said Lavinio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP