Dunga eyeing three players for every position
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil coach Dunga has revealed he is considering three players for every position as part of an expected overhaul of the national football team.
Dunga will announce his first Brazil squad since taking charge of the Selecao for a second time Aug 19, the country`s football confederation (CBF) said Thursday, reports Xinhua.
"I can`t reveal names but I am analysing three for every position," said Dunga, who previously coached Brazil from 2006 to 2010.
The 1994 World Cup-winning captain replaced Luiz Felipe Scolari as Selecao coach July 23, just 15 days after the team crashed out of the World Cup as hosts with a 1-7 semifinal loss to Germany.
His first matches in charge will be friendlies against Colombia Sep 5 and Ecuador four days later. Both matches will be played in the United States.
Dunga has already named Andrey Lopes, with whom he worked at Brazilian club Internacional last year, as his assistant manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1
- Attempt to provoke India again? Pak aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K