Dunga eyeing three players for every position
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil coach Dunga has revealed he is considering three players for every position as part of an expected overhaul of the national football team.
Dunga will announce his first Brazil squad since taking charge of the Selecao for a second time Aug 19, the country`s football confederation (CBF) said Thursday, reports Xinhua.
"I can`t reveal names but I am analysing three for every position," said Dunga, who previously coached Brazil from 2006 to 2010.
The 1994 World Cup-winning captain replaced Luiz Felipe Scolari as Selecao coach July 23, just 15 days after the team crashed out of the World Cup as hosts with a 1-7 semifinal loss to Germany.
His first matches in charge will be friendlies against Colombia Sep 5 and Ecuador four days later. Both matches will be played in the United States.
Dunga has already named Andrey Lopes, with whom he worked at Brazilian club Internacional last year, as his assistant manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics