Dunga pitted against Higueta in former players` friendly
Kolkata: Soccer lovers here will witness former World Cup winning Brazilian captain Dunga against Columbia`s colourful goalie Rene Higueta during a match on December 8 that will witness a lot of international greats.
West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra announced today that the foreign squad named as `Brazil Master Players` would include World Cup winning players like Dunga, Roberto Carlos, Edmilson, Viola, Juninho,Cezar, Aldair and others.
The match would be held at the Yuva Bharati Krirangan on December 8.
The IFA All Star team would have Higueta under the bar but the other footballers are yet to be selected.
Former Internationals Manoranjan Bhattacharya, Gautam Sarkar, Subrata Bhattacharya, Prasun Banerjee and Manas Bhattacharya would select the players of the IFA All Star.
The match is being organised by a sports management group in collaboration with West Bengal Government and Indian Football Association (IFA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?