Dunga pitted against Higueta in former players` friendly
Kolkata: Soccer lovers here will witness former World Cup winning Brazilian captain Dunga against Columbia`s colourful goalie Rene Higueta during a match on December 8 that will witness a lot of international greats.
West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra announced today that the foreign squad named as `Brazil Master Players` would include World Cup winning players like Dunga, Roberto Carlos, Edmilson, Viola, Juninho,Cezar, Aldair and others.
The match would be held at the Yuva Bharati Krirangan on December 8.
The IFA All Star team would have Higueta under the bar but the other footballers are yet to be selected.
Former Internationals Manoranjan Bhattacharya, Gautam Sarkar, Subrata Bhattacharya, Prasun Banerjee and Manas Bhattacharya would select the players of the IFA All Star.
The match is being organised by a sports management group in collaboration with West Bengal Government and Indian Football Association (IFA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets