Dunga pitted against Higueta in former players` friendly
Kolkata: Soccer lovers here will witness former World Cup winning Brazilian captain Dunga against Columbia`s colourful goalie Rene Higueta during a match on December 8 that will witness a lot of international greats.
West Bengal Sports Minister Madan Mitra announced today that the foreign squad named as `Brazil Master Players` would include World Cup winning players like Dunga, Roberto Carlos, Edmilson, Viola, Juninho,Cezar, Aldair and others.
The match would be held at the Yuva Bharati Krirangan on December 8.
The IFA All Star team would have Higueta under the bar but the other footballers are yet to be selected.
Former Internationals Manoranjan Bhattacharya, Gautam Sarkar, Subrata Bhattacharya, Prasun Banerjee and Manas Bhattacharya would select the players of the IFA All Star.
The match is being organised by a sports management group in collaboration with West Bengal Government and Indian Football Association (IFA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place