Durand Cup: Army Red beat Pune FC 2-0
New Delhi: Army Red defeated a second string side of I-League club Pune FC 2-0 on the opening match of the quarterfinal league stage of the 126th Durand Cup Football Tournament here on Monday.
T V Vipin and C Lallidianmawaya scored in the 37th and 87th minutes of the Group IV match under floodlights at the Ambedkar Stadium here.
The match followed an opening ceremony graced by Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne while the guest of honour was Lieutenant General Philip Campose, GOC-in-C Western Command.
On Tuesday, Mumbai Tigers play Assam Regimental Centre in a Group I match while Kalighat Milan Sangh take on Army Green in Group III.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh