Durand Cup: Army Red beat Pune FC 2-0
New Delhi: Army Red defeated a second string side of I-League club Pune FC 2-0 on the opening match of the quarterfinal league stage of the 126th Durand Cup Football Tournament here on Monday.
T V Vipin and C Lallidianmawaya scored in the 37th and 87th minutes of the Group IV match under floodlights at the Ambedkar Stadium here.
The match followed an opening ceremony graced by Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne while the guest of honour was Lieutenant General Philip Campose, GOC-in-C Western Command.
On Tuesday, Mumbai Tigers play Assam Regimental Centre in a Group I match while Kalighat Milan Sangh take on Army Green in Group III.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what