Durand Cup: Army Red beat Pune FC 2-0
New Delhi: Army Red defeated a second string side of I-League club Pune FC 2-0 on the opening match of the quarterfinal league stage of the 126th Durand Cup Football Tournament here on Monday.
T V Vipin and C Lallidianmawaya scored in the 37th and 87th minutes of the Group IV match under floodlights at the Ambedkar Stadium here.
The match followed an opening ceremony graced by Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne while the guest of honour was Lieutenant General Philip Campose, GOC-in-C Western Command.
On Tuesday, Mumbai Tigers play Assam Regimental Centre in a Group I match while Kalighat Milan Sangh take on Army Green in Group III.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj