Dutch international Narsingh out for season
Hague: Luciano Narsingh received bad news on his knee injury as the Dutch international footballer might be out for probably for the rest of the season.
Narsingh suffered the injury in the last match of 2012 for his club PSV Eindhoven at NAC Breda (6-1 win). He was injured in the first half, but played on and even scored one goal in the second half, reports Xinhua.
Narsingh went away for a short vacation after the game, but an examination in Eindhoven revealed the seriousness of the injury - anterior crucial ligament and meniscus damage.
The 22-year-old winger joined PSV this summer. He has played 18 league matches so far and scored six goals. The six-times Dutch international debuted for the national team May 30, 2012 in a friendly against Slovakia (2-0 win).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress