Dutch international Narsingh out for season
Hague: Luciano Narsingh received bad news on his knee injury as the Dutch international footballer might be out for probably for the rest of the season.
Narsingh suffered the injury in the last match of 2012 for his club PSV Eindhoven at NAC Breda (6-1 win). He was injured in the first half, but played on and even scored one goal in the second half, reports Xinhua.
Narsingh went away for a short vacation after the game, but an examination in Eindhoven revealed the seriousness of the injury - anterior crucial ligament and meniscus damage.
The 22-year-old winger joined PSV this summer. He has played 18 league matches so far and scored six goals. The six-times Dutch international debuted for the national team May 30, 2012 in a friendly against Slovakia (2-0 win).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid