Dutch official to referee Malta-Italy qualifier
Rome: Dutch referee Serdar Gozubuyuk has been assigned to Malta`s World Cup qualifier against Italy.
Gozubuyuk, 27, is a Dutch referee of Turkish descent and hit headlines around Europe in December, when he took an extraordinary measure to calm Groningen coach Robert Maskaant.
Instead of flashing a red card at the manager, the referee took off his blue `Respect` armband and waved that at him instead.
Malta will host Italy Tuesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!