Dutch official to referee Malta-Italy qualifier
Rome: Dutch referee Serdar Gozubuyuk has been assigned to Malta`s World Cup qualifier against Italy.
Gozubuyuk, 27, is a Dutch referee of Turkish descent and hit headlines around Europe in December, when he took an extraordinary measure to calm Groningen coach Robert Maskaant.
Instead of flashing a red card at the manager, the referee took off his blue `Respect` armband and waved that at him instead.
Malta will host Italy Tuesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing