Dynamo sweep to victory over Rubin
Kiev: Dynamo Kiev scored three goals within 15 minutes on Wednesday to sweep to a 3-1 victory over Russian champions Rubin Kazan in their opening Group F Champions League clash.
Rubin scored the only goal before the interval through an Alejandro Dominguez free-kick in the 25th minute as Dynamo struggled to impose themselves on the match.
The arrival of Tiberiu Ghioane and Oleh Gusev off the substitutes` bench lifted Dynamo`s performance and Ayila Yussuf finally opened the scoring for the home team in the 71st minute, heading a Gusev corner into the net.
Brazilian Gerson Magrao scored his first goal for Dynamo after a cross from Ghioane through Andriy Shevchenko eight minutes later. Gusev scored the third five minutes from time.
Shevchenko, Ukraine`s most famous striker and a former European Footballer of the Year, was playing his first game in European competition for Dynamo since his free transfer switch from Chelsea.
"We needed to change things around and Gusev became our trump card despite fitness problems," coach Valeriy Gazaev told reporters. "Our substitutions had a great impact and reinforced our attack with speed and quality."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city