East Bengal beat Singapore`s Geylang Int`l 2-0 in IFA Shield
Kolkata: East Bengal struck twice in the second session after a barren first-half to beat Geylang International FC of Singapore 2-0 in a group league match of the IFA Shield here Saturday.
The S-League side, who arrived after a 16-hour journey via Bangkok after visa-related issues, appeared fatigued even as the local heavyweights failed to surge ahead in the first 45 minutes.
Substitute Seminlen Doungel or popularly known as Len, took East Bengal ahead in the 79th minute while Edeh Chidi found the target in the 90th minute to complete the tally.
Len came in place of veteran Shylo Malswamtluanga in the 65th minute.
East Bengal took their tally to four points from two matches to brighten their semifinal chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record