East Bengal beat Singapore`s Geylang Int`l 2-0 in IFA Shield
Kolkata: East Bengal struck twice in the second session after a barren first-half to beat Geylang International FC of Singapore 2-0 in a group league match of the IFA Shield here Saturday.
The S-League side, who arrived after a 16-hour journey via Bangkok after visa-related issues, appeared fatigued even as the local heavyweights failed to surge ahead in the first 45 minutes.
Substitute Seminlen Doungel or popularly known as Len, took East Bengal ahead in the 79th minute while Edeh Chidi found the target in the 90th minute to complete the tally.
Len came in place of veteran Shylo Malswamtluanga in the 65th minute.
East Bengal took their tally to four points from two matches to brighten their semifinal chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row