East Bengal beat Singapore`s Geylang Int`l 2-0 in IFA Shield
Kolkata: East Bengal struck twice in the second session after a barren first-half to beat Geylang International FC of Singapore 2-0 in a group league match of the IFA Shield here Saturday.
The S-League side, who arrived after a 16-hour journey via Bangkok after visa-related issues, appeared fatigued even as the local heavyweights failed to surge ahead in the first 45 minutes.
Substitute Seminlen Doungel or popularly known as Len, took East Bengal ahead in the 79th minute while Edeh Chidi found the target in the 90th minute to complete the tally.
Len came in place of veteran Shylo Malswamtluanga in the 65th minute.
East Bengal took their tally to four points from two matches to brighten their semifinal chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers