East Bengal beat Singapore`s Geylang Int`l 2-0 in IFA Shield
Kolkata: East Bengal struck twice in the second session after a barren first-half to beat Geylang International FC of Singapore 2-0 in a group league match of the IFA Shield here Saturday.
The S-League side, who arrived after a 16-hour journey via Bangkok after visa-related issues, appeared fatigued even as the local heavyweights failed to surge ahead in the first 45 minutes.
Substitute Seminlen Doungel or popularly known as Len, took East Bengal ahead in the 79th minute while Edeh Chidi found the target in the 90th minute to complete the tally.
Len came in place of veteran Shylo Malswamtluanga in the 65th minute.
East Bengal took their tally to four points from two matches to brighten their semifinal chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video