East Bengal in AFC Cup pre-quarterfinals
Kolkata: East Bengal virtually stormed into the pre-quarterfinals of AFC Cup after their 2-1 win over Singapore giants Tampines Rovers in a Group H league match here on Tuesday.
The Federation Cup champions led 1-0 at half-time with Chidi Edeh`s 23rd minute strike on a hot and muggy afternoon at the Yubabharati Krirangan.
The Singapore league leaders found the equaliser through Shaiful Esah in the 69th minute.
But East Bengal had the last laugh when Lalrindika Ralte fired in the winner in the 87th minute.
The red-and-gold brigade remained on top position in Group H with 10 points from four matches to almost seal their last 16 knock-out berth.
This was East Bengal`s second successive win against the defending S-League champions after their 4-2 win in Singapore last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?