East Bengal in AFC Cup pre-quarterfinals
Kolkata: East Bengal virtually stormed into the pre-quarterfinals of AFC Cup after their 2-1 win over Singapore giants Tampines Rovers in a Group H league match here on Tuesday.
The Federation Cup champions led 1-0 at half-time with Chidi Edeh`s 23rd minute strike on a hot and muggy afternoon at the Yubabharati Krirangan.
The Singapore league leaders found the equaliser through Shaiful Esah in the 69th minute.
But East Bengal had the last laugh when Lalrindika Ralte fired in the winner in the 87th minute.
The red-and-gold brigade remained on top position in Group H with 10 points from four matches to almost seal their last 16 knock-out berth.
This was East Bengal`s second successive win against the defending S-League champions after their 4-2 win in Singapore last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on