East Bengal in AFC Cup pre-quarterfinals
Kolkata: East Bengal virtually stormed into the pre-quarterfinals of AFC Cup after their 2-1 win over Singapore giants Tampines Rovers in a Group H league match here on Tuesday.
The Federation Cup champions led 1-0 at half-time with Chidi Edeh`s 23rd minute strike on a hot and muggy afternoon at the Yubabharati Krirangan.
The Singapore league leaders found the equaliser through Shaiful Esah in the 69th minute.
But East Bengal had the last laugh when Lalrindika Ralte fired in the winner in the 87th minute.
The red-and-gold brigade remained on top position in Group H with 10 points from four matches to almost seal their last 16 knock-out berth.
This was East Bengal`s second successive win against the defending S-League champions after their 4-2 win in Singapore last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports