East Bengal look to continuing winning streak
Kolkata: East Bengal would look to continuing their winning streak when they host Mumbai FC in the 22nd round I-League encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krinangan Friday.
East Bengal have 38 points from 21 matches while Mumbai FC are struggling in the relegation zone with 17 points from 21 outings.
The previous match between the two was won by East Bengal 4-1.
East Bengal head coach Trevor Morgan said: "We have to win this match if we want to narrow down the gap with Dempo who are way ahead of us. We would like to keep our momentum going and win all the matches left in the League."
"Mumbai FC is an unpredictable team. They are capable of surprising anyone. We need to stay aware of them. We have to win this match to consolidate our position," he quipped.
The Red and Gold would miss the services of defender Raju Gaikwad, who is out due to double booking picked up in previous games, Gurwinder Singh would start in his place.
Mumbai FC striker Lalawmpuia Pachuau said: "East Bengal are one of the toughest teams in the League. If we manage to garner some points from the match then it would be a great boost for the team. Now it is the time for us to perform or perish."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back