East Bengal play Semen Padang in AFC Cup quarterfinals
New Delhi: East Bengal will play against Semen Padang of Indonesia in their home and away quarterfinal matches of the AFC Cup football tournament in September.
The draw for the quarter-finals was made at AFC headquarters in Kuala Lumpur today.
East Bengal have reached the last eight for only the second time in seven tournament appearances. Semen Padang, on the other hand, are tournament debutants.
Defending champions Kuwait Sports Club face New Radiant of Maldives in the quarterfinals.
The first leg of the AFC Cup quarter-finals will be held on September 17 with the return fixtures taking place one week later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister