East Bengal play Semen Padang in AFC Cup quarterfinals
New Delhi: East Bengal will play against Semen Padang of Indonesia in their home and away quarterfinal matches of the AFC Cup football tournament in September.
The draw for the quarter-finals was made at AFC headquarters in Kuala Lumpur today.
East Bengal have reached the last eight for only the second time in seven tournament appearances. Semen Padang, on the other hand, are tournament debutants.
Defending champions Kuwait Sports Club face New Radiant of Maldives in the quarterfinals.
The first leg of the AFC Cup quarter-finals will be held on September 17 with the return fixtures taking place one week later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka