East Bengal play Semen Padang in AFC Cup quarterfinals
New Delhi: East Bengal will play against Semen Padang of Indonesia in their home and away quarterfinal matches of the AFC Cup football tournament in September.
The draw for the quarter-finals was made at AFC headquarters in Kuala Lumpur today.
East Bengal have reached the last eight for only the second time in seven tournament appearances. Semen Padang, on the other hand, are tournament debutants.
Defending champions Kuwait Sports Club face New Radiant of Maldives in the quarterfinals.
The first leg of the AFC Cup quarter-finals will be held on September 17 with the return fixtures taking place one week later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says