East Bengal player Alvito felicitated
Panaji: Goa government today felicitated East Bengal player Alvito D`Cunha for his contribution towards football.
Alvito, who is the ambassador of Kingfisher East Bengal, started his football career with Salcete Football Club at the age of 16.
He later joined Sesa Goa and Salgaocar Sports club with which he played for four years and established himself, before moving to East Bengal in 2001.
The versatile midfielder represented India from 1998-2008 and scored 12 goals.
Alvito was felicitated at the Saligao church.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi