East Bengal sign Aussie striker Andrew Barisic
New Delhi: Kolkata giants East Bengal, currently placed third in the I-League, have bolstered their attack by signing Australian striker Andrew Barisic.
The Canberra-born 26-year-old striker is excited about the opportunity in India and feels it will add new dimensions to his game.
"I can`t wait to just get over there. The opportunity came, and I can`t wait." Barisic told `goal.Com` ahead of his departure for India.
The former Gold Coast United forward played for Malang based-Indonesian outfit Arema in the 2011-12 season of the Indonesian Premier League.
Barisic requires an international transfer certificate from Arema before his can make his debut for East Bengal when the transfer window reopens on January 15.
Barisic`s move to East Bengal had been in the pipeline since November, with the club bringing him over for a trial earlier in the season.
Barisic will also look to emulate countryman Tolgay Ozbey`s goalscoring exploits at the club. Ozbey had scored 35 times for the club before moving to city rivals Mohun Bagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof