East Bengal sign Aussie striker Andrew Barisic
New Delhi: Kolkata giants East Bengal, currently placed third in the I-League, have bolstered their attack by signing Australian striker Andrew Barisic.
The Canberra-born 26-year-old striker is excited about the opportunity in India and feels it will add new dimensions to his game.
"I can`t wait to just get over there. The opportunity came, and I can`t wait." Barisic told `goal.Com` ahead of his departure for India.
The former Gold Coast United forward played for Malang based-Indonesian outfit Arema in the 2011-12 season of the Indonesian Premier League.
Barisic requires an international transfer certificate from Arema before his can make his debut for East Bengal when the transfer window reopens on January 15.
Barisic`s move to East Bengal had been in the pipeline since November, with the club bringing him over for a trial earlier in the season.
Barisic will also look to emulate countryman Tolgay Ozbey`s goalscoring exploits at the club. Ozbey had scored 35 times for the club before moving to city rivals Mohun Bagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!