East Bengal sign Aussie striker Andrew Barisic
New Delhi: Kolkata giants East Bengal, currently placed third in the I-League, have bolstered their attack by signing Australian striker Andrew Barisic.
The Canberra-born 26-year-old striker is excited about the opportunity in India and feels it will add new dimensions to his game.
"I can`t wait to just get over there. The opportunity came, and I can`t wait." Barisic told `goal.Com` ahead of his departure for India.
The former Gold Coast United forward played for Malang based-Indonesian outfit Arema in the 2011-12 season of the Indonesian Premier League.
Barisic requires an international transfer certificate from Arema before his can make his debut for East Bengal when the transfer window reopens on January 15.
Barisic`s move to East Bengal had been in the pipeline since November, with the club bringing him over for a trial earlier in the season.
Barisic will also look to emulate countryman Tolgay Ozbey`s goalscoring exploits at the club. Ozbey had scored 35 times for the club before moving to city rivals Mohun Bagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown