East Bengal will look for nothing less than victory: Morgan
New Delhi: Though out of reckoning for a place in the next round of the AFC Cup, East Bengal coach Trevor Morgan on Tuesday said they will go all out to win against Al Orouba at Prince Mohammed Stadium in Amman on Wednesday.
"Although we have so far got no points in this competition, we would go all out to win tomorrow`s game. In our home match we were denied full points due to some poor refereeing," Morgan said.
"Although we cannot qualify, we will give our best which would enable us to do well in the remainder of the season," he added.
Al Orouba`s coach Mohammed Saleh said that tomorrow`s game would be one of the most difficult matches for his side as the Kolkata club has nothing to lose.
"East Bengal is a strong and organised team, moreover they do not have any pressure and would go all out to win the match. This would be one of the most difficult matches for us and we will have to be at our best to win this match.
"Three points from this game would facilitate our qualification chances otherwise we would be eliminated," said Saleh.
East Bengal skipper Sanju Pradhan said that a win against Al Orouba would inspire his team to perform well in remainder of the tournament.
"We will give off our best in the match which would inspire us to do well in rest of the matches," he said.
East Bengal trained for 90 minutes on the artificial turf at the training ground of King Abdullah Stadium this evening. The stadium, which has natural grass, had proved lucky for the Kolkata club last time they played here, as they had defeated Al Weedat Club (Jordan) 2-0 in 2008.
The victory was a first by an Indian club against a West Asian side on their soil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145