EB blank United SC to finish runners-up in I-League
Kolkata: Second-half goals by Abhishek Das, Edeh Chidi and substitute Seminlen Doungel helped East Bengal blank United SC 3-0 to secure I-League runners-up place for a third time in four seasons.
After a sluggish first-half, a couple of changes by East Bengal coach Armando Colaco brought in spark in the second-half with Abhishek giving a 64th minute lead after Abhijit Das misjudging the flight held the ball inside the goalline.
Then there was no looking back as Edeh Chidi doubled the lead from a solo effort in the 84th minute when he ran on the left, took his time and hit a swerving shot into the far post.
Doungel added to United`s woes with a 90th minute goal when the substitute deftly chipped the ball over the custodian to hand East Bengal their first win over the purple brigade in six I-League outings.
This was East Bengal`s fifth win from last six outings as the red-and-gold brigade ended their campaign on a high with 43, four points adrift I-League champions Bengaluru FC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!