EB goalie`s obscene gestures provoke crowd
Kalyani (WB): East Bengal goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh, who let in an easy goal today, made headlines for the wrong reasons as he made obscene gestures to the angry supporters during their 2-2 draw against United SC in an I-League fixture here.
Angry fans then clashed, prompting the police to resort to lathicharge.
Hundreds of angry supporters blocked the team bus as the team, who was enjoying a 2-0 lead, conceded an easy draw following Gurpreet`s howler.
The East Bengal goalkeeper had to bear the brunt of the fans` wrath as he gave in to his temper showing his middle finger at the crowd.
As the situation intensified police had to resort to lathicharge.
When contacted, East Bengal general secretary Kalyani Majumdar said: "I`m unaware of the incident."
As lensmen rushed to the spot, angry supporters damaged some cameras.
No official police complaint was however filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’