EB goalie`s obscene gestures provoke crowd
Kalyani (WB): East Bengal goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh, who let in an easy goal today, made headlines for the wrong reasons as he made obscene gestures to the angry supporters during their 2-2 draw against United SC in an I-League fixture here.
Angry fans then clashed, prompting the police to resort to lathicharge.
Hundreds of angry supporters blocked the team bus as the team, who was enjoying a 2-0 lead, conceded an easy draw following Gurpreet`s howler.
The East Bengal goalkeeper had to bear the brunt of the fans` wrath as he gave in to his temper showing his middle finger at the crowd.
As the situation intensified police had to resort to lathicharge.
When contacted, East Bengal general secretary Kalyani Majumdar said: "I`m unaware of the incident."
As lensmen rushed to the spot, angry supporters damaged some cameras.
No official police complaint was however filed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites