Ecuador names squad for World Cup qualifier
Quito: Ecuador`s Colombian coach Reinaldo Rueda called up 23 players for a World Cup qualifier against Paraguay here March 26.
The game will be played in "Atahualpa" Olympic Stadium here at 4.30 p.m.
The players include Juan Luis Anagono (Argentinos Juniors, Argentina), goalkeeper Darwin Cuero (Club Deportivo El Nacional, Ecuador) and Marcos Caicedo (Club Sport Emelec, Ecuador).
Anagono will replace Jaime Ayovi (Al Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia), who is currently recovering from a surgery on left-fibula fracture. Also, defender Oscar Bagui and midfielder Pedro Quiroz, both from Ecuador`s Emelec, were called. The two participated in the friendly where Ecuador defeated Portugal 3-2 in Guimaraes, Portugal.
Ecuador will play a friendly against El Salvador March 21 here.
In the South American qualification standings, Ecuador are in second position with 17 points, just three behind Argentina and one more than Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened