Ecuador names squad for World Cup qualifier
Quito: Ecuador`s Colombian coach Reinaldo Rueda called up 23 players for a World Cup qualifier against Paraguay here March 26.
The game will be played in "Atahualpa" Olympic Stadium here at 4.30 p.m.
The players include Juan Luis Anagono (Argentinos Juniors, Argentina), goalkeeper Darwin Cuero (Club Deportivo El Nacional, Ecuador) and Marcos Caicedo (Club Sport Emelec, Ecuador).
Anagono will replace Jaime Ayovi (Al Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia), who is currently recovering from a surgery on left-fibula fracture. Also, defender Oscar Bagui and midfielder Pedro Quiroz, both from Ecuador`s Emelec, were called. The two participated in the friendly where Ecuador defeated Portugal 3-2 in Guimaraes, Portugal.
Ecuador will play a friendly against El Salvador March 21 here.
In the South American qualification standings, Ecuador are in second position with 17 points, just three behind Argentina and one more than Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs