Ecuador names squad for World Cup qualifier
Quito: Ecuador`s Colombian coach Reinaldo Rueda called up 23 players for a World Cup qualifier against Paraguay here March 26.
The game will be played in "Atahualpa" Olympic Stadium here at 4.30 p.m.
The players include Juan Luis Anagono (Argentinos Juniors, Argentina), goalkeeper Darwin Cuero (Club Deportivo El Nacional, Ecuador) and Marcos Caicedo (Club Sport Emelec, Ecuador).
Anagono will replace Jaime Ayovi (Al Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia), who is currently recovering from a surgery on left-fibula fracture. Also, defender Oscar Bagui and midfielder Pedro Quiroz, both from Ecuador`s Emelec, were called. The two participated in the friendly where Ecuador defeated Portugal 3-2 in Guimaraes, Portugal.
Ecuador will play a friendly against El Salvador March 21 here.
In the South American qualification standings, Ecuador are in second position with 17 points, just three behind Argentina and one more than Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured