Ecuador names squad for World Cup qualifier
Quito: Ecuador`s Colombian coach Reinaldo Rueda called up 23 players for a World Cup qualifier against Paraguay here March 26.
The game will be played in "Atahualpa" Olympic Stadium here at 4.30 p.m.
The players include Juan Luis Anagono (Argentinos Juniors, Argentina), goalkeeper Darwin Cuero (Club Deportivo El Nacional, Ecuador) and Marcos Caicedo (Club Sport Emelec, Ecuador).
Anagono will replace Jaime Ayovi (Al Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia), who is currently recovering from a surgery on left-fibula fracture. Also, defender Oscar Bagui and midfielder Pedro Quiroz, both from Ecuador`s Emelec, were called. The two participated in the friendly where Ecuador defeated Portugal 3-2 in Guimaraes, Portugal.
Ecuador will play a friendly against El Salvador March 21 here.
In the South American qualification standings, Ecuador are in second position with 17 points, just three behind Argentina and one more than Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj