Ecuador names squad for World Cup qualifier
Quito: Ecuador`s Colombian coach Reinaldo Rueda called up 23 players for a World Cup qualifier against Paraguay here March 26.
The game will be played in "Atahualpa" Olympic Stadium here at 4.30 p.m.
The players include Juan Luis Anagono (Argentinos Juniors, Argentina), goalkeeper Darwin Cuero (Club Deportivo El Nacional, Ecuador) and Marcos Caicedo (Club Sport Emelec, Ecuador).
Anagono will replace Jaime Ayovi (Al Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia), who is currently recovering from a surgery on left-fibula fracture. Also, defender Oscar Bagui and midfielder Pedro Quiroz, both from Ecuador`s Emelec, were called. The two participated in the friendly where Ecuador defeated Portugal 3-2 in Guimaraes, Portugal.
Ecuador will play a friendly against El Salvador March 21 here.
In the South American qualification standings, Ecuador are in second position with 17 points, just three behind Argentina and one more than Colombia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant