Ecuador`s Emelec gear up for the Libertadores Cup
Quito: Ecuador`s national football champions Emelec are fully prepared for Wednesday`s Libertadores Cup match against Brazilian Cup winner Flamengo.
The hosts, led by its Argentine-Bolivian coach Gustavo Quinteros, look for a win at home in order to seek the last chance for the knockout stages, reported Xinhua.
"We hope to have a good game against Flamengo. I think we have enough to advance in the tournament," Quinteros told reporters Tuesday.
Emelec now occupies the third place in Group 7 with six points after five rounds, while its rival Flamengo only got four points. The leader of the group is Bolivia`s Bolivar with eight points, followed by Mexico`s Leon with seven points.
Domestic league leaders Emelec will come into this game after a 3-0 road loss to Leon.
Meanwhile, the Brazilian club, coached by Jaime Almeida, is already in Guayaquil for the match Wednesday.
Flamengo`s Frickson Erazo told reporters he has well studied his opponent and is aware that a victory will help them keep alive the hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the tournament.
"We come with the goal to win because we have to stay alive in the tournament. Emelec is a good team but we have been prepared for this match," said Erazo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket