Ecuador`s Emelec gear up for the Libertadores Cup
Quito: Ecuador`s national football champions Emelec are fully prepared for Wednesday`s Libertadores Cup match against Brazilian Cup winner Flamengo.
The hosts, led by its Argentine-Bolivian coach Gustavo Quinteros, look for a win at home in order to seek the last chance for the knockout stages, reported Xinhua.
"We hope to have a good game against Flamengo. I think we have enough to advance in the tournament," Quinteros told reporters Tuesday.
Emelec now occupies the third place in Group 7 with six points after five rounds, while its rival Flamengo only got four points. The leader of the group is Bolivia`s Bolivar with eight points, followed by Mexico`s Leon with seven points.
Domestic league leaders Emelec will come into this game after a 3-0 road loss to Leon.
Meanwhile, the Brazilian club, coached by Jaime Almeida, is already in Guayaquil for the match Wednesday.
Flamengo`s Frickson Erazo told reporters he has well studied his opponent and is aware that a victory will help them keep alive the hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the tournament.
"We come with the goal to win because we have to stay alive in the tournament. Emelec is a good team but we have been prepared for this match," said Erazo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why