Edinson Cavani claims Suarez waiting to make transfer to Real Madrid
London: Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani has revealed that his strike partner Luis Suarez is waiting to make a `dream` transfer to Real Madrid and was never interested in joining Arsenal.
According to Metro.co.uk, Suarez was linked with both the Gunners and Madrid over the summer, after telling Liverpool that he wanted to leave the club.
The 26-year-old eventually stayed put, but close friend Cavani says he could finally leave Anfield in January but Madrid are the only club he is interested in, the report said.
Suarez is already being linked with a 55 million pound transfer to Madrid in January, with Carlo Ancelotti believed to be monitoring him before considering a bumper bid, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'