Edmilson joins Chirag United SC
Kolkata: After being dumped by East Bengal,
Brazilian forward Edmilson Marques today signed up for city
rivals Chirag United SC.
The Brazilian player got the boot after a fight with
coach Subhas Bhowmick that led to a scuffle with teammate
The Subrata Bhattacharya-coached side on the other hand
has got a much-needed boost in their forward line-up ahead of
their I-League opener against giants East Bengal on October 5.
With their captain Shankar Oraon, a striker, ruled out
due to injury, United SC had problems aplenty in the forward
"I was facing some problems up front. Now, with Edmilson
coming in, I hope the problems will be solved. He will be up
with Josimar in the forward line-up," Bhattacharya said.
Their forward line-up also has the services of former
international Bijen Singh and former Mohun Bagan PC
United SC also has Keegan Nash in their camp but the
Australian defender could not sign up for the first I-League
match as his clearance is yet to be done, said the coach.
United SC finished eighth in the 12-team I-League last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read