Edmilson joins Chirag United SC
Kolkata: After being dumped by East Bengal,
Brazilian forward Edmilson Marques today signed up for city
rivals Chirag United SC.
The Brazilian player got the boot after a fight with
coach Subhas Bhowmick that led to a scuffle with teammate
The Subrata Bhattacharya-coached side on the other hand
has got a much-needed boost in their forward line-up ahead of
their I-League opener against giants East Bengal on October 5.
With their captain Shankar Oraon, a striker, ruled out
due to injury, United SC had problems aplenty in the forward
"I was facing some problems up front. Now, with Edmilson
coming in, I hope the problems will be solved. He will be up
with Josimar in the forward line-up," Bhattacharya said.
Their forward line-up also has the services of former
international Bijen Singh and former Mohun Bagan PC
United SC also has Keegan Nash in their camp but the
Australian defender could not sign up for the first I-League
match as his clearance is yet to be done, said the coach.
United SC finished eighth in the 12-team I-League last
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!