Edmilson joins Chirag United SC
Kolkata: After being dumped by East Bengal,
Brazilian forward Edmilson Marques today signed up for city
rivals Chirag United SC.
The Brazilian player got the boot after a fight with
coach Subhas Bhowmick that led to a scuffle with teammate
The Subrata Bhattacharya-coached side on the other hand
has got a much-needed boost in their forward line-up ahead of
their I-League opener against giants East Bengal on October 5.
With their captain Shankar Oraon, a striker, ruled out
due to injury, United SC had problems aplenty in the forward
"I was facing some problems up front. Now, with Edmilson
coming in, I hope the problems will be solved. He will be up
with Josimar in the forward line-up," Bhattacharya said.
Their forward line-up also has the services of former
international Bijen Singh and former Mohun Bagan PC
United SC also has Keegan Nash in their camp but the
Australian defender could not sign up for the first I-League
match as his clearance is yet to be done, said the coach.
United SC finished eighth in the 12-team I-League last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional