Eduardo signs long-term deal with Arsenal
London: Croatia striker Eduardo has signed a new long-term contract with Arsenal, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old has scored 18 goals in 48 appearances since joining from Dinamo Zagreb in 2007 but his time in north London has been overshadowed by a career-threatening leg break early in 2008 that ruled him out for nearly a year.
"We`re delighted Eduardo has signed a new long-term contract with us," manager Arsene Wenger told the club`s website.
"Eduardo is a special player with huge talent and natural goal-scoring ability and we`re all so happy he has committed his future to Arsenal.”
"We have also seen in his comeback from injury, Eduardo is a human being full of courage, bravery and commitment. His full recovery from this injury is a testament to Eduardo`s character," added Wenger.
Eduardo said he felt fully recovered from the injury and was ready to repay the club`s faith in him.
"I`m very happy and I hope to stay at Arsenal for as long as I can," said the striker. "This period is good for me.”
"I feel strong in my body and I feel ready to play 90 minutes every three days if it`s needed.”
"I went to Croatia last week and everybody was telling me Arsenal play the best football in Europe at the moment. I agree with that. We feel we are strong now this season and we`re all going to give everything to win trophies," added Eduardo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened