Egypt wins African Youth Championship
Oran: Egypt Under-20 football team snatched the 2013 African Youth Championship (AYC) title, at the Ahmed Zabana Stadium, after edging past Ghana 5-4 on penalties.
The match ended 1-1 in regular time Saturday as Saleh Gomaa opened the scoring for Egypt on penalty (4th minute) and Jeremiah Arkorful equalised for Ghana on penalty too, four minutes later.
It is the fourth trophy for the Egypt U-20 team, after 1981, 1991 and 2003.
Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria and Mali, the last four teams, secured their berths in the FIFA Under-20 World Cup due in Turkey in 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!