Eindhoven`s Matavz joins German side Augsburg
Berlin: PSV Eindhoven`s Tim Matavz has agreed on a transfer to German football club Augsburg until June 2019.
Augsburg Friday confirmed their third transfer of the week as Slovenia international striker Matavz joined the "Fuggerstaedter" for five years, reports Xinhua.
"Tim Matavz has not only shown his qualities in Eindhoven but also in the Slovenian national football team. We are confident that he will help our team in the Bundesliga," Augsburg`s CEO Stefan Reuter said.
The 25-year-old striker scored 44 goals in 102 matches for the Dutch side and 10 goals in 28 caps for Slovenia.
"I am looking forward to this new challenge in the German Bundesliga. Its nice that I only missed a few days of the preparation, so that I can get to know my new teammates and the environment at Augsburg," Matavz said.
Augsburg finished the last season on eighth position in the Bundesliga standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion