Eindhoven`s Matavz joins German side Augsburg
Berlin: PSV Eindhoven`s Tim Matavz has agreed on a transfer to German football club Augsburg until June 2019.
Augsburg Friday confirmed their third transfer of the week as Slovenia international striker Matavz joined the "Fuggerstaedter" for five years, reports Xinhua.
"Tim Matavz has not only shown his qualities in Eindhoven but also in the Slovenian national football team. We are confident that he will help our team in the Bundesliga," Augsburg`s CEO Stefan Reuter said.
The 25-year-old striker scored 44 goals in 102 matches for the Dutch side and 10 goals in 28 caps for Slovenia.
"I am looking forward to this new challenge in the German Bundesliga. Its nice that I only missed a few days of the preparation, so that I can get to know my new teammates and the environment at Augsburg," Matavz said.
Augsburg finished the last season on eighth position in the Bundesliga standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate