Eindhoven`s Matavz joins German side Augsburg
Berlin: PSV Eindhoven`s Tim Matavz has agreed on a transfer to German football club Augsburg until June 2019.
Augsburg Friday confirmed their third transfer of the week as Slovenia international striker Matavz joined the "Fuggerstaedter" for five years, reports Xinhua.
"Tim Matavz has not only shown his qualities in Eindhoven but also in the Slovenian national football team. We are confident that he will help our team in the Bundesliga," Augsburg`s CEO Stefan Reuter said.
The 25-year-old striker scored 44 goals in 102 matches for the Dutch side and 10 goals in 28 caps for Slovenia.
"I am looking forward to this new challenge in the German Bundesliga. Its nice that I only missed a few days of the preparation, so that I can get to know my new teammates and the environment at Augsburg," Matavz said.
Augsburg finished the last season on eighth position in the Bundesliga standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal