El Clasico: Real Madrid vs Barcelona - Preview
Madrid: Real Madrid are set to make several changes for Saturday`s Clasico against Barcelona to conserve energy for the midweek Champions League trip to Manchester United.
READ THE COMPLETE PREVIEW HERE»
Marcelo, Luka Modric, Kaka and Karim Benzema could all feature after missing out in the 3-1 Copa del Rey win at Camp Nou on Tuesday.
Defender Sergio Ramos returns after serving a one-match ban, but winger Angel Di Maria is ineligible after his red card against Deportivo La Coruna.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi is expected to start despite missing training with a fever on Wednesday.
Defender Adriano (hamstring) is available while midfielder Alex Song (knee) is a minor doubt.
• Real Madrid have won 10 of their last 11 home matches in La Liga and are unbeaten in their last 24.
• Los Blancos` 3-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday was their biggest victory at Camp Nou since a 5-1 success in January 1963.
• Madrid have netted 101 goals in 42 matches across all competitions this season (2.4 goals per game).
• Barcelona have won just three of their last seven matches in all competitions (W3, D2, L2).
• The Blaugrana have recorded only one victory in their last seven encounters against Madrid (W1, D3, L3).
• Lionel Messi (pictured, right) has scored in a record 15 successive Liga matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II