El Clasico: Unprecedented security measures in place for Real Madrid-Barcelona match
Spanish officials are promising unprecedented security measures for Saturday's El Clasico following Paris attacks.
Madrid: Spanish officials are promising unprecedented security measures for Saturday's soccer game between Real Madrid and Barcelona following the attacks in Paris.
At a special security meeting prompted by last week's events in France, officials declared the Spanish league match between the local rivals a high-risk event.
Spain's secretary of state for security said after today's meeting that the measures will be "more than enough" to guarantee the safety of all of those involved in the game at Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
Francisco Martinez said fans should "trust" the local police forces and the security measures that will be in place, and should plan on attending the match with "normality" and "tranquility."